Good Morning all, the sun is beating down over Belltown, got the blinds shut. There can be too much of a good thing. Got my mug O’Roast and enjoying the time. Thinking of stopping several of the daily blog posts, finding
- They are time consuming and
- They aren’t bringing in any new readers/subscribers/followers,
- Not even sure people are reading them, no comments or emails.
Also decided not to rush myself with writing the third Novel because
- None of the first seven books are selling,
- Neither of the first two novels are selling or getting reviewed,
- There isn’t any requests for a third. So, i’ll write whenever I get to it or when the mood strikes me.
Been a professional writer for about 12 years now and nothing is happening and I feel as if I’m just spinning my wheels. I’ll still do Monday Book Reviews, Tech Tuesdays and Top Ten EBooks but I’m cutting out Happy Humpdays, Healthy Thursdays and Free Recipes. The Humpdays and Healthy posts weren’t that popular to begin with and the free recipes, although popular, did not lead to my ultimate goal of selling cookbooks. I’m glad people enjoyed the recipes, and I’ll leave them on the blog for my readers. I’m discontinuing the free recipes for the second cookbook because I’m not giving anything away just for nothing.
I am still giving away the first cookbook and my Alports biography and for each download i’ll still donate $1 to the Alports Syndrome Foundation. Having Alports myself, I believe in the foundation and want the word to get out. Don’t know how much pull an unknown minor writer has, but I still support them.
Time to move on to something else.