Tech Tuesday: Solidoodle Press 3-D printer
Saw this article over on Engadget and was awed at how home-friendly this 3-D printer was. Imagine printing your own kitchen utensils, bicycle parts or even personal usb fan! I can imagine there are more uses, such as home medical uses, hobbyists-model airplanes, superhero models, maybe pet toys and so forth.
This is from Solidoodle’s website:
Special Presale Pricing: The first printers will be sold at tiered discounts from $349 to $499. Buy early to get the best deal.
The Solidoodle Press is a revolution in consumer 3D printing. As a true plug-and-play machine, the Press is the ideal printer for users new to 3D printing. With its sleek design, the Press has been designed to fit in your space.
Tech Specs for those that revel in them:
• Creates plastic parts up to 8″ x 8″ x 8″
• Uses 1.75mm plastic filament (ABS/PLA)
• Heated Build Platform with glass bed
• Resolution up to .1mm
• 15″ x 15.4″ x 19.2″ footprint (L x W x H)
• SoliTouch Technology – one-touch printing with no manual calibration
• Weight – 18 lbs
• On/Off Power Switch
• External 180w power supply
• New SoliPrint software
• Able to print .STL files
• Windows, Mac, & Linux compatible
What’s in the box?
• Solidoodle Press 3D printer
• Spool of starter filament
• Power supply
• USB Cable