Earn At Home Scams
I had some old tablets and phones laying around and thought i’d use them to earn money on all these ‘earn at home’ websites I’ve been seeing, per previous posts. I”m on Social Security with no other income. Food, Rent, utilities eat up a large percentage of my income, so I’ve been looking for ways to earn some money without harming my health or income. Here’s what I’ve found in the past two months.
- All those survey sites? They don’t want white, middle age males. I spent untold hours filling out survey questionnaires, spending 15-30 minutes on “Pre-Questions” only to find out I didn’t qualify. Just who is making money on these scams?
- Watch Videos all day long and make money! Really? One “Navy Housewife” with a huge following crowed about making over $200 per month with earn at home websites. One was ‘leaving videos playing all day and only clicking a button once per hour to verify she was still watching’. Really? I tried and had to babysit the exact website she touted and had to click each 3 minute video. I don’t have four or five hours to sit and click ‘ok’. And she had these playing on two computers and three phones. I found one tablet I had was too old to play the videos.
- Watch TV online, Listen to online radio and make money! Never found these websites.
- Leave your computer on and sell your processing power! There was one out of seven listed sites that was still working. However, you really need a degree in engineering to make the downloaded app work. Had to delete after a month of leaving my computer on all day to discover their app wasn’t even working. Their tech support was condescending.
- Trite advice to ‘get a blog’. Wow, self-absorbed much? No one is paying for blogs anymore, or buying ebooks (as was suggested, afterall, I’ve written 13 of them and no sales). You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting another cheap freelance writer, blogger, or reviewer out there fighting for scarce corporate sponsors. Advice, indeed.
So, this was my foray into trying the ‘earn at home’ scams out there. If you’re making money, let us know in the comments.